MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Feature Discussion: Multiple Attachments & Thumbnails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As the release has been out for a while now, and there have been a significant increase in the number of installs and many of you guys have either installed or updated your copy of MyBB, we're interested in feedback of the new attachments system. This includes the [attachment] code, the way attachments are displayed, the multiple attachments feature, and the generation of thumbnails for images.

This is a fairly large modification to the core of the system, and provides several new features in one package, so we're interested in hearing your thoughts.

Thanks. Smile
I would like to say "IT IS GREAT!"
Only one gripe really - if you click "Insert into post" and then hit the "Preview" button, your attachment=...] code doesn't get parsed at all. It would be nice if it at least got parsed into *something*, to show that it would get parsed when you hit the Submit button.

Apart from that, your attachment system is, as far as I can tell, not bettered by anybody. Well done Smile
I think it's a great system. Smile
I like the Multiple Attachments & Thumbnails. But when it comes to the [attachment] code, doesn't seem to work :/. Is that just me??

k776
It's me too. I still have no idea how to "call" a previously attached file.

Also, I think images should open in a new window (my preference, but maybe not others. ?).
Quote:It's me too. I still have no idea how to "call" a previously attached file.
On the posting page you click 'Insert into post' for the attachment you wish to insert in to the post.
ok, cool.

k776
I cannot find 'Insert into post' anywhere.
It's a button on the Post Reply page, visible after you've added an attachment:

[attachment=101]
Pages: 1 2