MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Anyone have eye floaters?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I just started getting them about couple years ago iuno if it bcz i just got contacts or im on the computer over 9hours every day for about 2years. (no lie i love the computer, i usally stay on over night until my eyes literally burn and physically make me get off) or maybe i have high blood pressure im not sure

but more information here:

Serious disccusion btw.. (Because it effects my life in real life)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floater

[Image: 190px-Floaters.png]

Discuss.

And if anyone has ever had these could u tell me a good way to get rid of them? :O I got about 200 of them if i squint i can see like shells of them.. like my whole vision is covered but but that's only if i squint..

but still annoying as heck!
I've had them for years... I see loads of them when I look at white things. I don't think you can get rid of them ... an optition told me that it's just the fluid that keeps your eye lubricated.

I personally like looking at a light bulb at a certain angle because you see in the front of your vision the veins at the back of your eyes. Big Grin (Not wise to stare at a lightbulb though..)
LOL U SERIOUS? I thought i was the only ONE.. HAHA WOW Man i feel alot better now and since your a super mod i feel even more BETTER LOOOOOOOOL

Here's quote from viki

wiki Wrote:Another treatment is laser vitreolysis.[15] In this procedure a powerful laser (usually a Yttrium aluminium garnet laser) is focused onto the floater and in a quick burst vaporizes the structure into a less dense and not as noticeable consistency.[14

i tihnk i might get that!

You see loads of them too? Toungue

Prob from us on the computer all teh time eh? lol
Newman Wrote:LOL U SERIOUS? I thought i was the only ONE.. HAHA WOW Man i feel alot better now and since your a super mod i feel even more BETTER LOOOOOOOOL

Here's quote from viki

wiki Wrote:Another treatment is laser vitreolysis.[15] In this procedure a powerful laser (usually a Yttrium aluminium garnet laser) is focused onto the floater and in a quick burst vaporizes the structure into a less dense and not as noticeable consistency.[14

i tihnk i might get that!

You see loads of them too? Toungue

Prob from us on the computer all teh time eh? lol

I've been on computers pretty much constantly since I was 11 (so a good 9 years) however I had them in my eyes before I used a computer... but I've never had any problems with them and even the optition did say they're nothing to worry about...

I'd say see a doctor or pop into an optitions and just ask them for their opinion. Smile
Good idea prob what im going to doo, lol

Thanks 4 ur support i appreciate it

Im just getting used to them i guess

But like at school when we look at the white board.. there all over it's so annoying.
Yeah, I think I've got eye floaters. I first noticed them in 8th grade or so. Mine appear as a smallish gray dot. It usually happens when I'm at the computer, reading. Or when I start to think about them, which that may just be mental, but I'm not sure. Mine is really only in my left eye. I stopped noticing the floaters around 9th grade. And now I'm starting to notice them again, so I think mine are allergies. Mine also don't streak like the ones in the picture you posted. It's just a small blurry, semi-transparent dot that floats around and slowly follows my eye. It comes and goes, and really doesn't bother me that much.
Snowy Wrote:Yeah, I think I've got eye floaters. I first noticed them in 8th grade or so. Mine appear as a smallish gray dot. It usually happens when I'm at the computer, reading. Or when I start to think about them, which that may just be mental, but I'm not sure. Mine is really only in my left eye. I stopped noticing the floaters around 9th grade. And now I'm starting to notice them again, so I think mine are allergies. Mine also don't streak like the ones in the picture you posted. It's just a small blurry, semi-transparent dot that floats around and slowly follows my eye. It comes and goes, and really doesn't bother me that much.

Ya this is what I get every once in awhile. Once I thought it was a really fast bug on the wall in my shower(since I didn't have my glasses a lot of things look like blurs). But ya i never really thought about it until this post I guess.
I get them occasionally. I can see them when the sun hits my glasses but not all the time.
Get off your computer maybe? Blink more? See a doctor?
labrocca Wrote:Get off your computer maybe? Blink more? See a doctor?

Maybe you should stay positive stuff once a awhile buddy.
Pages: 1 2 3