MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adding more fonts.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.
I would like to add more fonts, what do i have to do for that?
Thank you.
Just do this:

[font=FONT NAME]

then follow on with ur message
Actually... i mean i want to add more fonts to MyBB script so more fonts will be avalible in fonts list when posting messages....
Go to your AdminCP
Navigate to Templates >> Modify / Delete >> Default Templates >> Expand
Click on codebuttons
Find
<option value="Verdana">Verdana</option>
After it, add
<option value="your font">your font</option>
Click on Add Template (or Update Template)

Make sure the newly added font is either standard in every OS, or it's downloadable on your website. Otherwise, some users may not see the font like they should.
unfortunately, fonts are an Operating System specific thing. I believe different ones are installed from different font files. However there are many fonts that both work on Windows 95-8, Windows NT (includes WinXP + WinXP 64), MacOS (not sure what versions, but at least OSX), Linux and Solaris.

(google it to see if those fonts are compatable).

Unless you can get someone to download and then install a font (which many might consider to be a virus). If the font doesn't exist on their computer it will usually go back to the default Arial or Times New Roman.

ummmnnn. you can change font in the pages through XHTML's font tags (hehe i've forgotten them).

Netrosis Wrote:ummmnnn. you can change font in the pages through XHTML's font tags (hehe i've forgotten them).

What does that mean?? You actually can show fonts on webpages, even if users haven't installed them?? So they automatcly download them by watching the side?
ok. when using XHTML font tags,

<font face="zzzzzzzzz, impact">textgoeshere</font>

if the user doesn't have the font "zzzzzzzz" then it will display the impact font.

so you can specify a font and if they don't have it you can specify another one to display for them. Unfortunately Im not sure you can get it to download the font. (otherwise it could be exploited to download viruses).
Ok, that was what I thought, too Smile. Never realized that the face thing is part of the Xhtml and not of html