MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Looking for feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would welcome any feedback on how my new site looks.
Its using MyBB which is wrapped within an MKPortal.
MyBB has a few plugins running.

(General site is about Halflife 2 Team Deathmatch)

Regards in advance

Site at www.deeptrimmer.co.uk
I've never seen a forum within the mkportal before. Looks really neat. I might have to look into that myself. LOL...but I suggest you make the theme headers match the portal headers. Would blend much better imo. Wink
Thank you Jude.
Your suggestion was very good - and I have changed them to be the same for both the forum and portal.
Really? Cause it looks the same to me, but yeah, the headers on the portal look really nice. Would be a nice change from the mybb default blue headers.
Yeah honest!!
The original ones looked liked:
[Image: Wozzer7971070363.gif]
[Image: Wozzer666081350880.gif]
[Image: Wozzer27124010729.gif]

The new ones look like:
[Image: Wozzer4344315391.gif]
[Image: Wozzer95592588191.gif]
[Image: Wozzer4962915010.gif]
I wasn't talking about those images. I was talking about the headers. What's a better word for them? You know those blue bars that are above all the forums? If you could change them to match the color of the bars in the portal, it would blend better.

So you'll know what I'm talking about, here is the link to the actual image: http://www.deeptrimmer.co.uk/forums/images/thead_bg.gif

If you could change that to match this:
http://www.deeptrimmer.co.uk/mkportal/te...s/m_sf.gif
LOL - I see what you mean now. I'll have a look at changing that as I would also need to change the text colour from white to dark grey to match the portal. Again I do agree with your suggestion.

I'll keep the navigation icons as the new ones as they seem to fit in ok.

Thanks for spending the time looking at it.
Much appreciated.
Actually having thought about it a bit, I should be able to change the css attributes in the table headers. Will find out the hex colour I need.
You can actually set it so MKPortal imitates your forum skin. Look in the 'Portal CP' for the option.
LOL...that's one option, though I personally think the MKportal has a better theme. Wink

And wozzer, if you do want to go with my suggestion, all you have to do is go into the theme and change out the link where it's pulling the image. You don't have to worry about css or hex colors. Big Grin