MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Rich Text Editor - Text Area
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi,

i'm tyring to add a translit button to my reply window. and i can't find what the "text area" in the rich text editor is called.

how do i reference it in javascript?

Thanks!!!
been trying to figure it out all morning.

in the quickreply template i found this:

<textarea style="visibility:hidden;position:absolute;top:-20;left:-20;width:1px;height:1px" rows="8" cols="80" name="message" id="message" tabindex="1"  onclick="alert('PM me if you see this')"></textarea>

but, the onclick DOES NOT work... why? i dont understand. is this the wrong text area? please help.
The onclick event works fine for me...

May I ask why you have visibility:hidden though? I don't think it makes sense to have an onclick for an object which isn't visible...
are you using the original editor, or the "NEW - WYSIWYG Rich Text Editor "

i did changed the template to be like the tutorial for that plugin said, and i'm pretty sure it's supposed to be hidden. i don tknow why....

anyway, i looked through the code yesterday, and there seems to be lots of encrypted one.... i wonder if thats where the actual editor textarea is, and if it's impossible to change....
Oh you're talking about the modification. Sorry about that.
um. so then i'm right, the actual textarea is encoded and can't be referenced?
was anyone able to figure this out?

is there a way to reference the text areea?/ i really really want to add a translit button to the editor....