MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Uploading and setting smilies - how?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've uploaded some new smilies in smilies folder. I've also replaced the old index file with new index file that was in the same folder with the new smilies.

But, i cannot see new smilies so i've probably done something wrong or forgot to do something.

Can someone tell me what should i do to see the new smilies? And what is with that index file in the smilies folder? And for example, if i want to upload a few different smilies packages and every package has its own index page, what to do?

Thanx for answering.
The index.html file is a security measure to prevent users for browsing directory indexes. What index.html file is there is of little importance - you just need a file with that name there.

Generally, after uploading new smilies, you'll need to visit your AdminCP -> Message Filters -> Smilies and import the new smilies you uploaded, into the board.
Thanx very much. MyBB is actually really simple but i'm still new so i don't always see things that are in front of my nose Big Grin

And if someone is looking for smilies packs you can find great ones here:
http://www.vbulletinsmileys.com