MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Password protecting the forums?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if it was possible to securely password protect the forums. I was going to edit the index.php file to add a password script but decided to come here first, just in case.

Basically, I want there to be a password prompt to enter the index.php page (and every other forum page).

Is this possible with myBB?
If your looking to block guests from viewing, just change your permissions under the "Unregistered / Not Logged In" user group to not let them see the board.
Yea I've done that. I also want to add another layer of security, just for the fun of it Smile
You could add a Javascript thing to your header-include template. Just google javascript and password protection and you'll find something.
I've been doing that for a while now, but I'm doubting the security. Is there a way to bypass it? Also when I've put the snippet in the header include file, how can I be sure it auto shows index.php when the password is right?
I'm getting confused. So you want a javascript password system that creates a session to remember so you don't have to type in a password each time?
Nope. I just want a password prompt to appear when index.php is called. The password will be the same for every user and no session will opened.