MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Go to bottom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In your footer template add something like <a name="bottom"></a>, then to create the link to the bottom of the page use <a href="#bottom">Go to Bottom</a>.
Forgive me for questioning that chris, but are you sure that its the "footer" template that needs to be edited?
The link needs to be at the top of the page.
As far as i can make out it needs to be showthread template that needs to be edited, might be wrong though. Your the man. lol
The footer template would need to be edited otherwise if you had an <A HREF="#bottom">Click for bottom</A> the link wouldnt know where to take you. So you need to open the footer template and set the anchor with <A NAME="#bottom"></A>
I worked this out...was pretty easy to do.

ACP -> Templates -> *Template Name* -> Show Thread Templates -> showthread

Find
Quote:<td class="thead" colspan="2"><strong>$rating $thread[subject]</strong></td>

And replace with
Quote:<td class="thead" colspan="2"><div style="float: left;"><strong>$rating $thread[subject]</strong></div> <div style="float: right;"><a href="#bottom">Go to Bottom</a></div></td>

don't press update template just yet

in the same template find
Quote:<div style="float: right;"><strong>&laquo; <a href="showthread.php?tid=$tid&amp;action=nextoldest">$lang->next_oldest</a>

Add this above it
Quote:<a id="bottom"></a>

It's "id" because it's both compatible with firefox and IE based browsers.
yeah cory that was cool Toungue
Thats the one Cory, thought it was where i was looking, lol