MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hiding accounts from being displayed on member list
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

As I started to think about security of my forums, I debated on renaming my default admin account to something less obvious. ( I probably should have done this in the first place, I know) But then I realized that it won't matter because that account is shown in the member list.

Question: Is there a way to hide certain accounts (namely admin accounts) from being displayed in the member list?

Thanks in advance.

-kg
Actually, this should be rather easy to accomplish as a plugin. I'm working on it now.
This should work. It'll add a new setting under the Member List group in the Admin CP.

[edit] The one problem I noticed while playing around with this is that if the hidden user is at the bottom of the list, then the last row in the memberlist will be empty but will still display. I'm not sure how to solve this. Other than that situation, it seems to work flawlessly.

[edit (again)] Check down a few posts for the attachment, the code was messing up the topic's format.
Thanks Blue.

How do I implement this php script?

(Looks great btw)
you create the file mlisthide.php upload it in inc/plugins. Then activate.
kg4yed Wrote:Thanks Blue.

How do I implement this php script?

(Looks great btw)

No problem.

rcpalace Wrote:you create the file mlisthide.php upload it in inc/plugins. Then activate.

Indeed.

Also, make sure to put the user names you want hidden in the settings area in the Admin CP. You can get to the setting by clicking on Change (In the "Board Settings" category) and then Member List. It'll be the last setting in this area.
I am getting a parsing error at the plugin panel.

"Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_IF in /.../html/tempmybb/inc/plugins/mlisthide.php on line 1"

I copied and pasted the code. No differences.
kg4yed Wrote:I am getting a parsing error at the plugin panel.

"Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_IF in /.../html/tempmybb/inc/plugins/mlisthide.php on line 1"

I copied and pasted the code. No differences.

... That's a strange error.

Try using the file I've attached instead.
That file worked. Thanks a bunch Blue. =)

Dunno why the file I made did not work. =/
kg4yed Wrote:That file worked. Thanks a bunch Blue. =)

Dunno why the file I made did not work. =/

No problem. Glad it works.
Pages: 1 2