MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Site News Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Site News Plugin

i have installed this plugin on my forum but i don't know how to use it

plz any one tell with screen shoots

i m very thank full that person
You can start by reading the instructions
Tikitiki Wrote:You can start by reading the instructions

sir have readed but i m not understanding plz

help me any one with screen shoots
I'd love to be able to help you on this, but I can't get it to work without the "cannot modify headers" error (and no, I have not edited the file in Notepad!).

But the one step that I found a bit confusing, I think I can help clear it up for you. If you put the plugin file in the inc/plugin directory, at least that is the easy part. But the other file, news.php is a bit trickier.

What you do with that is copy and paste everything within that file into your index file for your main site, wherever you want the news to show up. And let's say your forum is located at yoursite.com/forum, you would change the following code:

$directory_to_forum = "";

to this:

$directory_to_forum = "forum";

Then you activate the plugin and go into Change in the ACP to update which forums it pulls the news from. Then you should see those threads on your main site. Of course, it works on mine, but I won't use it with the cannot modify header errors. LOL...anyway, I hope that info helps you.