MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adsense Users Beware: Disabled Accounts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I had some suspicious activity on my forum wherein i was getting many users late at night from similar IP addresses. They were all pointed to 404 pages and/or denied permissions pages. They counted up about 150 clicks on my ads in one night...then next morning Google disabled my account. I appealed but I have yet to hear back from them and if they deny me I will lose the last $60 worth of ad revenue I honestly earned.
Beware of these shady practices. Google reserves the right to wipe out all your revenues in a moments notice without having to answer to you at all!
Yeap, something happened here. I honestly don't even care if google deducts the invalid clicks, but unfortunately, they don't care.
The ridiculous thing about Google Adsense is that they assume you are responsible for the clicking of adverts when in fact it is all down to whether the visitors on your site are hostile or not. The flaw is exploited so many times with so many people.

It would take Google literally less than 5 minutes to write the code to deduct invalid clicks and stop the problem one and for all, but for some reason they prefer to let the end user suffer.
Quote:It would take Google literally less than 5 minutes to write the code to deduct invalid clicks and stop the problem one and for all, but for some reason they prefer to let the end user suffer.

They have that code and what they prefer to do is get rid of any accounts with invalid clicks. Seems appropriate to me. Google isn't stupid. I find Josh's story a bit hard to accept at face value.
labrocca Wrote:
Quote:It would take Google literally less than 5 minutes to write the code to deduct invalid clicks and stop the problem one and for all, but for some reason they prefer to let the end user suffer.

They have that code and what they prefer to do is get rid of any accounts with invalid clicks. Seems appropriate to me. Google isn't stupid. I find Josh's story a bit hard to accept at face value.

I agree I mean its almost impossible to tell if the site owner is behind it or not. I mean its his word against business intellect. Google didn't become worth billions of dollars by being stupid thats for sure.
Ooh, I didn't even know about that Toungue

* Yumi will go around some sites I don't like and spam clicks on their Adsense Toungue
You don't have to use Adsense, there's plenty of other companies out there and they do pay you on "better" standards than what Adsense does, assuming they still only pay after you've reached $100, and that's not "carried over" from month to month.
labrocca, what is hard to accept? i laid it down the way it happened.
apparently they spend a lot of effort determining which clicks are legit and which aren't. thats a good thing - i think we can all agree. the part thats fishy is that if all my previous clicks were deemed legit but recent activity was "suspicious" to them, why not pay me out my remaining $60 and close my account?
i guess i'll have to start shopping around for a new ad server...any recommendations?
There's plenty of other company's like adbrite or maybe bidvertiser Toungue
I've always found google to be quite understanding, as I've clicked (by mistake) ads tree times and once my son clicked on a football banner. To be honest, they seem to appreciate honesty and I know many people who talk about how they got banned but I keep an eye out and report any wrong leakers if any.

I guess it goes down to look and being careful.
~Kerrang!
Pages: 1 2 3