MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Page not Found
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, so my impatients got the better of me, and I moved my entire forums out of its directory, into a new subdomain(See this thread)
I moddified the AdminCP Forum URL in board settings before moving the forums, Everything is working, except for the database.
Looking in the config.php file, it should be reading the database fine, the password, address, and name is still the same, its just on a different subdomain.
I've asked my host to move the database over to the new subdomain for convienience sake.
I now get Page Not Found errors (404's) because it can't find the threads/forums to display obviously because it can't connect to the database.
I have updated the cookie path/domain in the settings file as needed.

All that remains is the database...any ideas on why it may not be connecting to it, even thought the data/path is the same as before the move
Are you still having issues with this? Is this your forum: http://forums.filekings.org/

That forum appears fine for me.
Let me know if you still need help.

BMR777
Yeah, Still Having issues.
It's not the physical pages that are the issue, like the index page etc, its all other pages in the database, such as the threads/forums/posts....
Go to any sub forum, or thread, or post...they don't display
Why are your forum categories linking to .html files, like http://forums.filekings.org/help-support-f-4.html ?

Do you have some sort of SEO mod enabled? The forums should link to PHP files.

BMR777
Are you missing your .htaccess file by any chance? Looks like it's a problem with your SEO mod.
Yeah, I have an SEO mod.
But can't login to the admin panel to correct it until the database is reattached...considering it has all the user's in it Confused
Did you move your .htaccess file over to the new location?
No, which may be the problem, only I can't access the .htaccess file, once its uploaded, it turns into a hidden file
To get the code needed to put into the .htaccess file, I need to be able to login to the admin cp, which I can't without the database heh....Still waiting for Dreamhost to fricken move it though gah!
SEO Mod says...
Quote:5. Go to your Admin CP -> Plugin Manager, and activate the SEO plugin.
6. If the SEO plugin function cannot write to the .htaccess file, it will give you the code that you should place in your .htaccess file.
I can't login to the admin cp until I get the database up...But why the database isn't actualy registering with the forums is weird...its not like the address of the database is changed or anything...
Hey guys,
I just had this problem, except the admin control panel worked for me, so I got solved by disabling
"Enable Search Engine Friendly URL's", which I think is what you guys have been saying. . . . .

THANKS!!!!!