MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login from outside MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm pretty new here and this board has been really great so far with all the users who help out and the functionality I see on MyBB. It compares if not tops the other commercial boards available.

I have just installed MyBB and I was wondering if there's a way to add a login form from anywhere in my website (root index - outside MyBB directory (/forum)?

Thanks. Any help is very much appreciated!

Geoff
Yes there is. Try this:
<form method="POST" action="forum/member.php">
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_login">
Username: <input type="text" name="username"><br>
Password: <input type="password" name="password"><br>
<input type="submit" value="Login!">
</form>
Its a rough coding and fast so forgive me if it doesn't work Big Grin
Thanks! That works well!

Now, I just have to get FlashChat and CPG integrated and I'm a very happy "convert" Smile

k776 Wrote:Yes there is. Try this:
<form method="POST" action="forum/member.php">
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_login">
Username: <input type="text" name="username"><br>
Password: <input type="password" name="password"><br>
<input type="submit" value="Login!">
</form>
Its a rough coding and fast so forgive me if it doesn't work Big Grin
there no flashchat intergration but there is one for cpg although 1.41 is beta yet and kinda buggy. If u have flash chat intergration i am interested in it too
I been checking Tufat.com regularly for a MyBB integration to Flashchat, if I come across it I'll definitely post it here.
FYI, I did a Flashchat/myBB integration ages ago as a private request. You can try it on the test forum I installed when I did it (obviously you have to register, but e-mail verification is turned off, and it's purely a test forum, no real users apart from me).

The person it was done still uses it and it may be possible for me to release it generally. I'll have to check with them (as they paid for it to be done). That is, of course, if anyone is still interested. Smile