MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IE8 Beta 1 Released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yup it's true. IE8 Beta is out (well for a while)

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/product...nstall.htm

Just wondering anyone used it yet as amazingly my computer says it's not a valid Win32 App. Toungue
I tried it for a few days. Can't say I was impressed. The only thing I liked about it was the AJAX intergration on the Back Button. Apart from that, it's nothing special.
looks like they're still just catching up to Fire Fox and Opera to me.Rolleyes
It's terrible. A lot of designers that had a hard time making their designs compatible with IE7, will have a that again trying to do that for IE8, I can tell you that. (From personal experience.)
It's really, really bad. No websites (that I visited) were displaying correctly...
Complain about it when the "final" product is out!
lufbra Wrote:Complain about it when the "final" product is out!

Oh don't worry, I will.
I downloaded it and checked that it passed acid 2 (which it does...kinda). It's never going to actually completely pass Acid 2 because it's not going to ship with the proper rendering engine turned on. Instead you will have to put a stupid meta tag in the top of your page to get the rendering correct...

Of course that means that I.E 8 is never going to pass acid 2 since that would involve changing part of the test, and the browser needs to run default settings...
DrPoodle Wrote:I downloaded it and checked that it passed acid 2 (which it does...kinda). It's never going to actually completely pass Acid 2 because it's not going to ship with the proper rendering engine turned on. Instead you will have to put a stupid meta tag in the top of your page to get the rendering correct...

Of course that means that I.E 8 is never going to pass acid 2 since that would involve changing part of the test, and the browser needs to run default settings...

Completely wrong. IE 8 Reversed their decision and the IE 8 Standards mode will be default.

Also, IE 8 does pass ACID 2 - If it doesn't that means your not using the right one
I do say IE8 is still not as good as firefox they still have a lot of catching up.
Pages: 1 2