MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme conversion from phpBB3 to MyBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I was wondering whether anyone here knows how to convert a theme from phpBB3 to MyBB?

I have got permission from the owner of the style for conversion, as long as I have a link back to the original site for the phpBB3 download (and I claim no rights over it).

The style I want to convert is Glacier Style, but it doesnt have to look exactly like it did, but something that closely resembles that would be good, or are there any tutorials that show how this can be done? I know a bit of HTML coding and what it does, but I am not sure how to get those elements to work with mybb.

Thanks
Lachlan
Anyone?
There isn't a "theme converter" that exists. Remember that phpBB 3 uses divs for layout whereas myBB uses tables so it wouldn't just be a copy & paste thing. It would involve just trying to get the myBB theme to look like the above one. You will need to do many XHTML edits and implement lots of new CSS.

You can cheat and use images to help make the layout, however, this will vastly increase the page's load times.

I also suggest doing this locally, rather than on the internet (that's if you don't host your forum yourself), especially if your interweb speed isn't very great.

Have fun!
I don't think he was wanting a theme converter just someone to do it for him.