MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: XBOX GamerCard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have searched the forums but cannot find anything, but maybe I just missed it Big Grin.

But how can I have the XBOX GamerCard ask for the gamercard ID on the reg page and have it display under the avatar?
You could create a custom profile field for each users Xbox ID, however you'll need some kind of modification/plugin to take the ID and display the appropriate card.
Is there a easier way?
There's no way to do this without some kind of mod or plugin. I'll move this thread to the requests forum in case anyone is able to make this...
I'll look into making this maybe later tonight, possibly tomorrow. Sounds like an interesting idea.
Okay, I think I've created a plugin that will fulfill your needs. Upload it to /inc/plugins and activate it in the Admin CP. It will add a custom profile field, called "Xbox Gamertag", which your users can set in their User CP (under User CP -> Edit Profile is where it's located). Once a user inserts their gamertag, any posts made by them will have their gamercard in the postbit.

A note: the plugin will automatically try to modify the postbit template to add the variable needed to display the gamercard. However, if you are using multiple templates, or if something goes wrong, you may need to add "{$post['gamercard']}" in the correct postbit template.

Anyway, here it is. Enjoy.
Blue Wrote:Okay, I think I've created a plugin that will fulfill your needs. Upload it to /inc/plugins and activate it in the Admin CP. It will add a custom profile field, called "Xbox Gamertag", which your users can set in their User CP (under User CP -> Edit Profile is where it's located). Once a user inserts their gamertag, any posts made by them will have their gamercard in the postbit.

A note: the plugin will automatically try to modify the postbit template to add the variable needed to display the gamercard. However, if you are using multiple templates, or if something goes wrong, you may need to add "{$post['gamercard']}" in the correct postbit template.

hi... would this work for wii codes aswell... so lets say someone goes to their usercp and puts in their wii number.. then will it show up in their posts?
hockeyhero Wrote:
Blue Wrote:Okay, I think I've created a plugin that will fulfill your needs. Upload it to /inc/plugins and activate it in the Admin CP. It will add a custom profile field, called "Xbox Gamertag", which your users can set in their User CP (under User CP -> Edit Profile is where it's located). Once a user inserts their gamertag, any posts made by them will have their gamercard in the postbit.

hi... would this work for wii codes aswell... so lets say someone goes to their usercp and puts in their wii number.. then will it show up in their posts?

No, it would not. Is there an image for wiicodes like there is for gamertags (see here if you're not sure what I mean)? Or do you only want the text to display? If it's text, I can get a modification up and running quickly, but if their is an image, I'd have to see how it works first.

Edit: Well, I've gone ahead and created a plugin for wiicodes. It works in the same way as the gamercard plugin, though it will only display the code entered by the user and not an image or anything. You may need to add "$post['wiicode']" to the postbit template if it is not able to add this automatically.

Edit again See post 15 for new attachment.
Cheers mate this XBOX Card Works perfectly Thanks Mate
hi... thanks for the plugin... i have one problem though.... the limit of characters members can put in is 14 while there are 16 numbers in a wii code..Sad
Pages: 1 2 3