MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Including Forum List On Portal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to include the forum list on the portal main page (ie the forums, thread and post count and the last post). How would I go about doing this? Thanks!
Ok. This is very easy to do, so I'll make a small tutorial but I need some details. Where would you like it to be placed? How many letters do you want to show before cutting off the title (to prevent the page from stretching and such)? How do you want the format? eg:

Forum1 (Threads: 3 | Posts: 10)
|- LastPostLinkedHere

Forum2 (Threads: 5 | Posts: 74)
|- LastPostLinkedHere

or something?
Thanks for the reply.

Quote:Where would you like it to be placed?
I would like it to be placed above the announcements ($announcements) on the portal page (portal.php).
Quote:How many letters do you want to show before cutting off the title (to prevent the page from stretching and such)?
I would like all the letters shown and such, I will simply cut it down to size with some table tags before and after it.
Quote:How do you want the format? eg:

|- LastPostLinkedHere

|- LastPostLinkedHere

or something?
No, I would actually want the total forum list and formatting. Exactly what you would see on the index.php page.

Thanks, and I hope to hear a response back!
k776 Wrote:Ok. This is very easy to do, so I'll make a small tutorial but I need some details. Where would you like it to be placed? How many letters do you want to show before cutting off the title (to prevent the page from stretching and such)? How do you want the format? eg:

|- LastPostLinkedHere

|- LastPostLinkedHere

or something?

Hi
Well I would like to know how to do that .. even if it doesn't suit Kodaks.
Any chance of telling me how? .. Exactly like the above? With a 200 letter cutoff?

Thanx
Big Grin