MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Pager for onlines
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I went to see the online list and i saw that there is no pager wich means if there are 1000 member online it would go way way down
What? Do you mean Pagination?
labrocca Wrote:What? Do you mean Pagination?

Some systems like IPB has it so when there is over 25 users online at once and you go to view the who is online it breaks it down to 25users per page showing instead of listing them all on the same page.

example
http://www.easternuswx.com/bb/index.php?..._key=click

On a mybb forum every user would be listed on one single page.
Yes, yes
I don't see the problem. If the page runs on then it does. Using pagination imho would defeat the ease of use to view an online list.
labrocca Wrote:I don't see the problem. If the page runs on then it does. Using pagination imho would defeat the ease of use to view an online list.

For smaller forums probably not a issue but for larger ones where there could be well over 100 online at once at any given time i imagine there could be a issue. Thats alot to load on one page.

Yes alot easier to view but not certain as far as server loads.
Not really. There's 800+ users online at the NCAAbbs and it doesn't effect the server load at all. It's still averaging around a load of 1

online.php:

Quote:Generated in 0.3040090 seconds (81.16% PHP / 18.84% MySQL)
MySQL Queries: 11 / Global Parsing Time: 0.0718911 / Memory Usage: 12.02 MB
Tikitiki Wrote:Not really. There's 800+ users online at the NCAAbbs and it doesn't effect the server load at all. It's still averaging around a load of 1

online.php:

Quote:Generated in 0.3040090 seconds (81.16% PHP / 18.84% MySQL)
MySQL Queries: 11 / Global Parsing Time: 0.0718911 / Memory Usage: 12.02 MB

Thanks. Wasnt sure. Big Grin
...though I don't think downloading a page with 800 user entries is exactly desirable...

Of course, there may be forums which could potentially have more.

I personally don't think it's a bad idea, and don't think it's too difficult to implement, but I won't make this decision.