MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My sites been hacked. What do i do?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
i own and run Windows 7 Experience. The forum doesn't say anything but the actual site does. i found their forum software as well as their websites. Here and here and they are in to some illegal stuff. It seems they also got hold of my FTP. i have contacted my host regarding the issue. Anything else i should do?

EDIT: Found their contact page all middle east names. figures...
If they have your FTP too, there is not much you can do until your host gets to it.

Just have everything you need ready to get back online. Smile
Backups, etc.
I know, I just been realy busy with my Senior project and graduating HS in june.

Thanks for the tips...
I can't be of any real help, but please know that I'm sorry this happened to you. I've dealt with similar victimization by these morons on my own site, so I do understand where you're coming from. Best of luck getting your site back up and running.
First thing you should do is determine how they gained access to your FTP, then find out what changes they made to what files and work from there... if you can't do that then...

Change all of your passwords (even non-FTP ones), save your site(both visible and non-visible files) and database offline, request your host to delete your site and then have it re-setup with either an older backup or with a clean image, then start rebuilding (not with the files/database you just saved offline unless you verify they are all clean).
Quote:It seems they also got hold of my FTP.

Don't think just because they changed a file they have FTP.

Are you able to PM me your login details to fix the site? I bet they haven't changed much and resecuring your site will probably be just a matter of updating your files and rebuilding your settings.php and config.php. Easy stuff really. Don't panic.

http://windows7experience.com/forum/admin/

Looks like they just edited config.php...I bet you weren't on latest mybb version.
This has also happened to me 5 times this month. Not sure how they got in but think i sorted it now.
tristan/SMM Wrote:I can't be of any real help, but please know that I'm sorry this happened to you. I've dealt with similar victimization by these morons on my own site, so I do understand where you're coming from. Best of luck getting your site back up and running.

Thanks. I have an idea on who it is. Long story short, me and this one guy on a few "vista oriented" forums dont get along. i have since left him alone, but he keeps watning to cause toruble. After i found my site, i got an e-mail from hil asking to talk like real men. but i'm not so sure he did this

labrocca Wrote:
Quote:It seems they also got hold of my FTP.

Don't think just because they changed a file they have FTP.

Are you able to PM me your login details to fix the site? I bet they haven't changed much and resecuring your site will probably be just a matter of updating your files and rebuilding your settings.php and config.php. Easy stuff really. Don't panic.

http://windows7experience.com/forum/admin/

Looks like they just edited config.php...I bet you weren't on latest mybb version.

I tried. Nothing. i am able to access some part of the forums such as the online page

EDIT: looks like they got my password. hitting reset doesnt work. One of my msn contacts just came on who knows this stuff i'll see if he can be of any help.
Do you have cpanel or phpmyadmin access? What about FTP?
Yes, i belive i do
Pages: 1 2 3