MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is MyBB a good choice for a big board ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi ! Im a new user to forum softwares and i just installed MyBB. I love how it looks and how easy it is to use. However, when i checked Big Boards website, I realized tht none of the huge boards use MyBB. The biggest boards that are using MyBB are listed here MyBB fans directory, and the members on MyBB forums listed there pales in comparison to bigger boards using phpBB or vB.I'm now second guessing if MyBB is the right choice.

My question is , is MyBB a good choice for me if I want to build a large forum? Ofcourse I cant predict if my forum will take off , but I don't want to be forced to change to other boards in the future if MyBB can't handle large numbers of members or posts efficiently. Is MyBB just as good and as capable (or better) than phpBB and vB overall ?

Thanks !
Take a look at Messenger Plus/NCAAbbs.com.

MyBB is capable to host large forums.
In fact, MyBB 1.4 is the only free forum software (we know) which can support features targeted at large boards, such as MySQL slave/master setups.

Most MyBB boards are smaller because they haven't had the time to grow like phpBB boards have (since MyBB is a much newer forum script).

I don't know why BigBoards don't add MyBB to their list - maybe someone should suggest it to them Toungue
Check out my forum, I don't say its big but I have 1540 users
(2008-03-26, 01:27 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know why BigBoards don't add MyBB to their list - maybe someone should suggest it to them Toungue

We've been in their queue for about 6+ months now (ncaabbs that is) and they're just extremely effing slow. They want you to pony up 10$ (or whatever it is now) for being reviewed with "3 business days"
Mybb is a good choice for big boards as you can see now on these very own community forums!
My forum has been going just over a month using mybb (although I've been using mybb on other sites for much much longer) and I've made almost 30,000 posts with nearly 300 members. Not bad eh. Its slowing down with themes, don't have too many themes - thats my advice. Smile
Mybb is very nice option for large boards as you can observe now on these very own community forums! My forum has been leaving just over a month using mybb and I've made almost 30,000 posts with nearly 300 members. Not bad eh. Its sluggish down with themes, don't have also many themes that my recommendation.
Big Boards is abandoned. They don't update their stats anymore.

For a time I had the #1 mybb forums online with 400k posts. It ran without problems. I don't see why mybb couldn't effectively run a 10 million post site.
MyBB is the best choice since its got features that only paid forums have
And it is fast
for big forum..
one word I can say..
Use it! Smile
Pages: 1 2