MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User Permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any way to "Stack" permissions?

IE -- I have a user group on my forums with access too all message bases. I am to an admin. Basically I have to give the Admin all the rights of the group that I am in and show the other group as my displayed group name.

Is there any way I can have a user group with certain permissions and then have permissions "added" on top of that user's permissions?

Right now it seems it's one way or the other.
It can be done through secondary usergroups. If a member is a member of more than one group, they gain the permissions of both.
I have to be honest it's not working like that for me.

IE -- I have myself in 2 groups usually the access is dictated by the primary group.

ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:It can be done through secondary usergroups. If a member is a member of more than one group, they gain the permissions of both.
Strange. A "Yes" on a permission should always override a "No" regardless of whether it's a Primary or Additional usergroup.
That's what I assumed.

MrDoom Wrote:Strange. A "Yes" on a permission should always override a "No" regardless of whether it's a Primary or Additional usergroup.
MrDoom Wrote:Strange. A "Yes" on a permission should always override a "No" regardless of whether it's a Primary or Additional usergroup.

How it works on my forum. Do NOTE though that i have Mod's who require use of acp to ban and for that i had to admin their secondary permissions which means they can see everything us admins can on the forum. That however is the only type of case where that would happen. I as well have another forum for a special group that the mods cant see but as said those with the admin permissions can view it. Thankfully 1.4 will take care of my issue. Big Grin
Note: although "yes" overrides "no", custom permissions override default permissions.
So if there's a default "yes" for a group, but a custom "no" for another group, the "no" is the one that is used.

In other words, make sure you set your forum permissions to use custom permissions, rather than the usergroup's defalt.