MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The Hockey Arena
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Goggalor Wrote:Add some orange colors to that theme and I'm in!
I'm a rabid hockey fan and go to as many games as time and money allow. Considering my team's stadium is in the next state, I don't go as often anymore as I would like.

I'm a long time Flyer fan and have been so since the Bobby Clarke Days. I grew up in NYC and used to get a very hard time going to the Garden and rooting for the Flyers back in the day.

Nice forum.... I'll be passing the word around to other hockey fans too. Pm me if you're interested in some kind of link exchange.

Don't you just hate the kinder gentle-er hockey they concocted since the lockout? I'm so sick of seeing all these penalties for nothing, the trapaziod behind the net stinks and the garbage about goalies not being able to defend themselves is totally bogus!
Nevermind the nonsense that there is no more crease boundaries! How dare they allow players to go into the crease!

It is not about getting high scoring games like they think fans want. It's about the game of hockey - period.

I keep getting email from the Flyers begging to buy tickets. Apparently the changes are not promoting ticket sales!

Darn it.... now you got me pining for the old days.

I don't know how to add orange, sorry.

Yeah, I really hate the new NHL. I like how there is more scoring and penalty shots, but really, you get a two minute penalty for just touching someones hands? Thats bull.
I am totally with you on the goalie part. Considering I used to play goalie when I was younger, it was so much better then.
And come on, they don't let any kind of hits go anymore. Hockey is a physical game and always will be, stop suspending player so much.

I'll send you a pm about a link exchange.

Man, I really want someone to join and get the place going.
Don't get me started on the stupid overtime scoring and the stupin penalty shot nonsense!

OK I actually LIKED the idea of tie games. It gave each team ONE point.

Now you each get ONE point for the tie and then you do the stupid shootout for ONE more point. WHY? To make sure there are no losers.
Again... the hippie peace and love version of the game.

Just go back to the old way of one point to each team for the tie - five minutes OT to try to break it. One more pt to the OT winner or leave it at one pt if it can't be broken.

This gives a more fair advantage to the scoring system overall for the year end points system and games won.

It's also less exhaustive to the players. It makes the game MORE exciting instead of the stupid shootout.

It also eliminates the Hippie Value of the kinder hockey we know now... which is an abomination.

It's OK to have a tie game. You beat the crap out of each other for 180 games and you can proudly say you were not the lesser or better but an equal on any number of games throughout the year. Hockey players deserve ties.

OK and I was only kidding about the orange... that would make that board too much like the Flyers colors and you want an NHL board or at least a hockey board.

Yeah I know the NHL colors are orange and black but it's a different color orange Big Grin
I wasn't talking about shootouts-I meant like actual penalty shot that happen during game play, like when a d-man covers the puck in the crease or something.
Everythings alright, but the URL is too long. Try shortening it, if it's possible.
bk2070 Wrote:Everythings alright, but the URL is too long. Try shortening it, if it's possible.

http://www.TheHockeyArena.co.cc
Pages: 1 2