MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: vBulletin-y forumdisplay.php prefix tutorial -- Sting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
*NOT* a suggestion.
Screens:

[Image: tp_screen.gif]

I will show you the simplest way of adding the vB-style Announcement: prefix to announcements.

FIND in TEMPLATE forumdisplay_announcements_announcement:
<td class="{$bgcolor}">

ADD in-line AFTER:
<strong>Announcement: </strong>
-OR-
{$lang->announcement_prefix}

This adds the famous announcement prefix to the forumdisplay page without the need for understanding of the language system!

A way of adding Sticky: .

OPEN file ./forumdisplay.php
GOTO line 665
ADD on new line:
$prefix = $lang->sticky_prefix;
SAVE file forumdisplay.php and UPLOAD to site
REFRESH or GOTO any forumdisplay page!

There you have it, how to configure MyBB 1.2.12 to show the vBulletin style thread prefixes.

(UPDATE) Screenshot added.
Easy and good tut. Someone should move this to http://community.mybboard.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=38
Yeah nice tut Smile

By the way, the language system isn't that hard at all lol, you just possibly search for what you want to change in global.lang.php and change it, carefully looking at the language string so you don't change the wrong one. If you can't find what you want in there, it's either a template or a different file, ***.lang.php.
Jag100 Wrote:Easy and good tut. Someone should move this to http://community.mybboard.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=38
Lol, yeah, I tried to post it there in the beginning, but I had the "Insufficient Permissions" error.
.Paradox Wrote:Yeah nice tut Smile

By the way, the language system isn't that hard at all lol, you just possibly search for what you want to change in global.lang.php and change it, carefully looking at the language string so you don't change the wrong one. If you can't find what you want in there, it's either a template or a different file, ***.lang.php.

They really didn't do what they said they did to thread prefixes in the beginning, they left the variables in global.lang, and, instead, took any reference to the sticky_thread_prefix and announcement_prefix language variables out of the templates. Just goes to show you that our beloved developers are horrible liars! Toungue

Sticky: tutorial added!
I did the sticky one, but it only does it for the first sticky thread. What did I do wrong?
.Paradox Wrote:I did the sticky one, but it only does it for the first sticky thread. What did I do wrong?
MyBB makes the Sticky: prefix work like this: Only the most recent is stuck.
I'm currently trying to make it work like this: All stickies have the prefix.
But when I try, here's what happened: It made both the stickies and normal threads have the prefix.

I'm trying to find a workaround for this right now.
Nice Tips, Thanks StingReay Big Grin

The only thing I dont like it´s editing forumdisplay.php because when a new mybb Update arrives this file is replaced
You could always add that line again. Toungue
hi StingReay
can i do for MyBB 1.4 ??
yes you can do this for 1.4

and as for the first only sticky problem

open forumdisplay.php

find
$donestickysep = true;
and change
//$donestickysep = true;

Wink
Pages: 1 2