MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Profile Link
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can I pull the profile link up to the "{$lang->welcome_back}" top on the welcome block?

Example:

Welcome back, Snipes.
You last visited: Today, 08:56 AM
Private Messages: New 0, Unread 0, Total 0
ACP -> Template (Modify / Delete) -> header_welcomeblock_member

Try to replace:
{$lang->welcome_back}

with:
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=profile&uid={$mybb->user['uid']}">{$lang->welcome_back}</a>
It creates a global.lang.php error. I don't think you can do it without a crap load of template and file edits.
it worked on mine.....
Yeah, problem is: {$lang->welcome_back} represents "Welcome back, {$username}." which is the entire top line. I'm just looking to have {$username} as a link, not the whole thing.
In global.php, find:
$lang->welcome_back = sprintf($lang->welcome_back, $mybb->user['username'], $lastvisit);
Replace with:
$lang->welcome_back = sprintf($lang->welcome_back, $mybb->user['username'], $lastvisit, $mybb->user['uid']);

In inc/languages/english/global.lang.php, find:
$l['welcome_back'] = "<strong>Welcome back, {1}</strong>. You last visited: {2}";
Replace with:
$l['welcome_back'] = "<strong>Welcome back, <a href="member.php?action=profile&amp;uid={3}">{1}</a></strong>. You last visited: {2}";
It creates a global error for an unexpected string. >.>...
Use this replacement for global.lang.php instead of DennisTT's one:
$l['welcome_back'] = "<strong>Welcome back, <a href=\"member.php?action=profile&amp;uid={3}\">{1}</a></strong>. You last visited: {2}";