MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cant turn OFF "this post has been edited by"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any ideas? Tried turning it off in the CP and not working.

Still getting:

"This post was last modified" whenever I edit a posters message.
Are your CHMOD settings correct on all files/folders? Smile
[Wiki: CHMOD_Files] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
I just re-installed the whole damn forum. I have some very upset members now, but I got frustrated, what can I say? I am sure the Budweiser didn't help either, with my "great idea" to just re-install the forum. What had led up to this is probably what caused it. I had "double" displays in my "Change" CP. So, I went into the database and fixed all the double CP options. Then I tried to use Spicefuse SEO for Mybb. I activated it and when I would click on a forum, I was taken to my host "404 error page". So I deactivated and removed it. I then go to view my forum and I see all the "edited by admin" notices, where I made edits to members post. Several members like to "quote" each and every post reply, so I go in and just remove there "quote". Everywhere I did that showed "edited by admin", even though I had that turned off in the CP. Go figure....
So, bottom line is I don't know WHAT caused it.

I am not blaming Spicefuse either, I have used his plugin in the past and it worked like a charm on my other hosts, just wont work on my current host for some reason. And, I don't know how I got the double options display in the "Change" CP? So, the board is back to normal, but man I miss SpiceFuses SEO plugin! Then you get those that say that plugin is not needed, that MyBB is quite searchable without it. I don't know, what do you all think?
The reason why you get 404 is probably because you do not have a correct .htaccess to redirect from the SEO URLs to the real URLs.

When you turn off the "This post has been edited by ..." messages, existing edited messages will continue to display, however, newly edited messages will not display this message.
If you want to clear these message from existing posts, you will have to run this in phpMyAdmin:
UPDATE mybb_posts SET edituid=0,edittime=0