MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Just wanna know if i can install this mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.
I try to install a mod following these instructions:
To install this modification, firstly unzip the included modinstall.php file
and upload it to the root directory of your forum. Login to your forum as an
administrator and navigate to the modinstall file. On doing so, the script
will automatically make the necessarry changes to the database. When the
script has executed successfully, you should delete it from your webspace.

Trying to do so i get the error:
mySQL error: 1044
Access denied for user: 'moldovaftp@localhost' to database 'mybb'
Query: ALTER TABLE mybb_users ADD pmnotify CHAR( 3 ) DEFAULT 'no' NOT NULL AFTER pmpopup

What would that mean?
You don't have access to moldovaftp@localhost, so it's not able to edit the database.

If it asked you to enter the database info, make sure the password and username are right.
If you can wait for MyBB Gold this feature (PM email notifications) is already included. It will make it easier, not installing it now, for when you upgrade.. Wink
Chris Boulton Wrote:If you can wait for MyBB Gold...
Yeah, I would be happy to do all at once, but i was wondering, if I got an access denied error at simple bot installation because i don't have admin rights for server's MySQL than how will i be able to do the entire total upgrade to Gold? Sounds interesting to meRolleyes
az0000000 Wrote:Yeah, I would be happy to do all at once, but i was wondering, if I got an access denied error at simple bot installation because i don't have admin rights for server's MySQL than how will i be able to do the entire total upgrade to Gold? Sounds interesting to meRolleyes

If you were able to install the forum in the first place it should be no problem to install mods or to upgrade to gold.
Bill Wrote:If you were able to install the forum in the first place it should be no problem to install mods or to upgrade to gold.
Well, it wasn't me who installed it first, it was server's admin and seems like i will have to bother him with the update which is something i wouldn't really wanna do.Sad