MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Possible user registration plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I apologise if this is not posted in the right section.

I have a forum for teachers teaching in EPIK, English Program in Korea. I chose mybb because it allows the posting of all specified filetypes, so teachers can post lesson plans. We have been in operation now for over one year and I would like to advertise, however there are security risks to allowing just anyone to upload.

I would like to add optional custom fields to the registration, such as 'school', 'program coordinator', etc. I would like registration to be automatic, but limited in scope so that new members may not download or upload. Once I can ascertain that the optional custom fields were filled in appropriately (so that I can, if need be, verify that they are indeed employed by the EPIK program) I would like to move them to a new user group granting all privileges. Though registration is automatic it would be nice to receive an e-mail whenever someone registers so that I can approve them right away.

Is there a way to do this now? Would it require a new plugin? Any suggestions?

Thanks
Hi,

A few things you can do:
You can make it so that admins have to verify registrations. Users can register, but until you approve them, they'll be stuck in the Awaiting Activation group. I don't think you get an email, but there'll be a list in the AdminCP which will show all users awaiting activation.

You can choose which usergroups can download/upload attachments via the AdminCP -> Users -> Usergroups section.
What files do I edit to edit the registration signup page. I can add those cutom fields to the registration page but I can't make them optional.
You can do this by opening member.php,
find and delete:
if($profilefield['required'] == "yes")

This will cause all profile fields to be displayed on the registration page, regardless of it being required or not.
I just did that and now the custom profile fields that are not required show up, but the fields that are required do not.

Can you tell me how to add the text description of each custom field though, or perhaps how to add text to that page such as a note at the bottom.

Thanks,