MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Strange issue with templates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,
I've been so busy for the past several months that my small board fell into a bit of disrepair. I was camped at 1.2.9 forever, and just tonight upgraded eveything to 1.2.12.

The upgrades went smooth, but nearly every mod I have - including a few I wrote - are no longer functioning. The key problem is VERY weird.

When I did the major update from 1.2.9 to 1.2.10, I followed the final directions on the update script, and reviewed the "updated templates". After walking through the changes, I decided they were all made by mods which could be regenerated. So, I ended up reverting all of the templates to their default state. Since doing that, practically NONE of the mods appear to be working. (A few easy one's - such as boardmessage - are fine. The rest, such as ASOI and online today not so much.) Though I have reset all of them repeatedly, it does not appear they are posting their changes into the template set.

Moreover, I'm being offered the opportunity to "diff" templates, but when I do it says they're the same - even after enabling plugins. //sigh//

Thoughts???
DOH! Ok, I figured it out. The change in the templates to use the new index_boardstats through me for a loop. Sorry, my Google's and searches here weren't as helpful until I got mod-specific and identified the issue with the new template.

For anyone else behind the curve (like me), here are the posts that helped me:
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=28229
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=26140

I tweaked the online today plugin to make all these changes. For those interested, I've attached the updated source file.
You may need to deactivate and reactivate your plugins for them to remodify the templates.
DennisTT Wrote:You may need to deactivate and reactivate your plugins for them to remodify the templates.

DenisTT,
Thanks for the reply. I think I have things in hand now. I did a little modding of my mods, and everything but ASOI is back up and running. Though I did deactivate everything prior to upgrading, and then reactivated one at a time, the templates didn't update. I thought it was a template problem, but I've since realized that the issue was the changes to index and the creation of index_boardstats. I just didn't realize that initially.

Thanks though!