MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mass Pm Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey everyone,

I've been trying to send a mass pm to everyone on one of my boards. I can't get email out as we moved servers due to some nasty nervous breakdown by the infernal machine.

Had email issues when I first started the site and the Host knows what to do and they're doing their thing now to fix it.

But in the meantime, I need to let the members know that we're moved and things are ok and it's safe to come back.

When i go to the admin panel to send the mass pm, I keep getting this error and it does send out ONE pm to ONE member in the supermod group only.

Quote:MySQL error: 1054
Unknown column 'pmnotice' in 'field list'
Query: UPDATE afishca_users SET pmnotice='new' WHERE uid='1'

the uid='1' will be different if I try different groups to send to so I can see where the issue is.
Apparently it's board wide and only this one user gets the pm.

TikiTiki and LeX are both members, if you guys got the pm let me know. It only said one member did.

What do I need to do to fix this?

Also, is there a list of useful MYSQL queries and what they are for someplace? Just want to know for future reference.
OH and I have a couple of plugins installed if that makes a difference and helpful:

MyPlaza
Post Please
Advanced stats on index
Online Today
Do you have access to phpMyAdmin or something like that to view your database? Can you see if there is a column "pmnotice" in your "field list" table?
I'm not exactly sure how to find what you're looking for.

I went to the phpMyAdmin area and i see a table for privatemessages but I do not know what else to look into or do in regard to finding the 'field list'.

I don't like touching things I don't understand and the phpMyAdmin area is one of them.
Ouch, then this will be hard to help you with. Sad I'll see if I can find an easy way to help you through this... I'll have to check my database for reference to make sure I know what I'm talking about first. Big Grin

EDIT: Ok, nevermind. I have no idea what I'm talking about. SQL Queries own me. Sorry. Sad
Thanks, I changed but it still gives errors.

Weird thing is that I did get the pm sent even though it gives the same errors even with the change.
Which error are you getting? Can you paste it here exactly as it is shown
You know it varies by the usergroups I have ticked off in the list.
If I say just the registered users, one of my supermods shows on the list.

I will replicate it as much as I can for you. I have to send quite a few mass pm's to get the different errors.... It's going to take some time. Hang on.
Does that supermod user have the registered users group included in his/her "Secondary Usergroups"?
Pages: 1 2