MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why show the sub-sub forums?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, let's say I have a category called "Category One". And, "Category One" has a few Forums in it, like "Forum One" and "Forum Two". And, those Forums have a few "Children". And, those "Children" have a few "Children". Confused? Don't be. What I'm saying is, when you go to "Forum One," you'll not only see it's (Forum One) children, but the childrens children. Here's an example.

|- Category One
  |- Forum One
   |- Child One
    |- Child Two
 |- Forum Two

If I go to "Forum One," I'll see this:

|- Forum One
  |- Child One
   |- Child Two

But, I should only see...

|- Forum One
  |- Child One

Hiding "Child Two," because we're not really inside of that forum. I hope you understand me.
When you're in Forum One it is still showing two levels deep of forums like the Index. If you had to get to a sub-sub forum, would you want to click on the forum on the index, then another click, and another click to get to it?
The reason you created this feature is fine. But, could you atleast make it like vBulletin, where it asks the administrator how many "Levels" would you like to be shown. The default would be 2, and then the user can change it to 1, if, of course, they agree with me, or 3, to show the sub-sub-sub forums. :o

By the way, great work on MyBB, Chris. I can't wait until Gold. Big Grin
Sorry to interrupt, the search function came up with this thread.

My problem is more on the contrary. Right now I'm testing myBB at home and so far I like it a lot. I've made a main category that's divided into sub-categories where the forums reside. I can expand and collapse the main categories, but not the sub-categories - thus the forums down there cannot be seen in the main view.
I couldn't find an option to get them to show up, please tell me if there's one. If not, this would be my wish for "Gold". Smile

Can