MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mod CP.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How do I remove the ability for moderators to see IP addresses?

If I can't do it by clicking a "Yes" or a "No", which files do I have to modify?
You mean within a thread? That doesn't involve my Mod CP plugin. I think there might be a setting with the Moderators User Group.
No, not within the thread. With the Mod CP. There's an option for them to view IP addresses. I'd like to remove that option.
Which section of the Mod CP?
Users & Usergroups > Search for Users > Show IP Addresses

That's the part that I found browsing but any part of the Mod CP that contains an IP address, I'd like removed.
Jerlene Wrote:Users & Usergroups > Search for Users > Show IP Addresses

That's the part that I found browsing but any part of the Mod CP that contains an IP address, I'd like removed.

Never looked into it. If MyBB does store the Ip's in a database, you can just remove it via source code.
And how do I do that?
AdminCP > Board Settings > Change > Posting > Log Posting IP Addresses > Do not log IP

I'm not 100% sure if this will disable logging for the whole board or not though, but it's worth a shot.
That was done when the board first started. It still logs IP addresses in the Mod CP.
Anyone know the file(s) to edit?
Pages: 1 2