MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: RSS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since I run a website for an organization that has a large userbase (20,000), there are also a lot of websites that are created by the members of this organization.
A number of them have approached me to make the RSS-feed from my board to include an exerpt of the actual message as well instead of just the topic.

I have a small modification that a friend of mine made to make this possible, but with the upcoming GOLD I am not sure if this file will be overwritten. If so, would it be possible to have options in the RSS-creation to select if you want only the topics to be included or do you also want for example the first 200 chars to go with it?

I hope I am making sense here! Smile

Cheers,
Kimmo
I have made a mod for this. You really should check the mod threads first. Go to the link in my sig and check out Syndicate+. Enjoy.
k776 Wrote:I have made a mod for this. You really should check the mod threads first. Go to the link in my sig and check out Syndicate+. Enjoy.

I know there's a mod available because I had created one for myself with help from a friend already last year...my question was whether something like that can be possible in later versions of this forum as a standard without having to modify files.
yes according to the developers new plugin sustem
Tsakalos Wrote:yes according to the developers new plugin sustem

Actually there are no plugin hooks in the rss.php at the moment. Same with the "modification."