MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Strange behaviour on quick quote.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.
I installed the Quick Quote mod (a very useful think, I must say) and it works ok but there is a strange think with it. When I first visit the thread and try to use "q. quote" button the script give an error:
[attachment=1022]
Than if I do a simple page refresh the "q. quote" button works just fine, doing all the nice job for me. I am wondering if there is a solution for that, as I really love this mod.
Thank you.
I think I'll need some more details on this (the code of showthread.php around lines 79-81 and the code of general.js)
Are you sure you added 'var qqsel = "";' in general.js?
Also, when did you download this mod?
Are you sure it's Quick Quote RC4 and not Quick Quote Plus?
I don't see anything wrong.
There is a mod that hides the Quick Reply panel te prevent double posting, did you install that mod?
If you did, can you uninstall it and see if the problem still occurs?
If you did not, can you try reverting the edited files (general.js and functions_post.php) to the unedited state. I mean remove the code that you added before? And after that, try installing the attached mod. I think this is a newer version.
More than that, now i found out that the error happens only when a thread was loaded by using last post feature from home page. If i access any thread pasworded or not using normal way like going to category than entering the thread, the error doesn't happen. Very weard... i guess we can consider it a bug...