MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: OK here's an odd issue regarding cookies and browsers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I put a support ticket onto my server because I was having an issue with staying logged into two boards at the same time on one site.

I have my one forum in use since the beginning of the year. I intend to have two forums on this site and on Tuesday I installed the second forum to start working on it.

I am not able to stay logged into both at the same time. One logs me out when I log into the other.

both are installed on two completely different databases. and each has their own directory on the domain.

Tech support there said you can stay logged in if you use two dif browsers. Which is rediculous. This tells them it's a cookie related issue.

So, before I go and do anything stupid to crash the current board full of content and members, what would be the solution to this?

Can I simply rename the cookie on the new board before I go and do any building of it?

Can it be done without reinstalling the whole thing over again?
I'm thinking yes but not sure.

I'm sure this is an easy question but I just don't know the answer and I don't want to mess anything up - which is more likely than not.

Thanks everyone!
Ok I fixed it!

Here's what I did in case anyone else has the same issue.

I went to the Wiki on MyBB.
Looked up cookies.
Used the tool they talk about that gives you the cookie settings you should have for your board.

Went to both boards and realized I never set the cookies!

DOH! [Image: Doh3.gif]

So, I set them just like they 'told' me to and VIOLA! I'm in like Flynt baby!