MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What? Banned? Without my permission? That's strange.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Today someone joined my board and posted a few times and then was banned "forever".

This is strange because:

1) I'm the only active admin on my board (the other one visits once every month). I logged off at 3 last night, and she joined at 5am this morning, and posted 4 times before the ban. So obviously I didn't put the ban on her.

2)No supermods or mods have the power to ban anyone. So none of my mods could have done it.

3) The only change I made as with myplaza--I updated it.

Why did this happen?
Are you completely sure that the individual user is banned? Do you allow custom user titles? It's a bit strange that one..
Did you check the adminlog?
I checked the admin log and it was all me from last night till then.

I also checked banned users, and indeed she was in there. Spooky, I tell you.

Oh, and I do allow custom user titles, but hers wasn't offensive, so...argh?
Snipes Wrote:Are you completely sure that the individual user is banned? Do you allow custom user titles? It's a bit strange that one..

nyree.kage Wrote:I checked the admin log and it was all me from last night till then.

I also checked banned users, and indeed she was in there. Spooky, I tell you.

Oh, and I do allow custom user titles, but hers wasn't offensive, so...argh?

I think the reason he asked was because some users set their custom titles to "banned", he wanted to verify it wasn't a false ban, but it sounds like it isn't.

Do you have any other mods/plugins installed besides MyPlaza?
A whole list (I've lost count), but I've had them installed for as long as I've installed the board, and that's the only one I've updated recently (last night). I've had people join and that didn't happen before.

I don't think it's myplaza related, but I'm at a loss how an innocent member gets a phantom ban. I got scared immediately and checked all the logs. Came up with nothing.
Can you post a list of the plugins? We might be able to figure out which ones have the ability to ban a user and narrow it down to what could have happened or find out if it was a MyBB bug of some sort.
Show Age on Postbit
Akismet
Auto Prune
Birthday Mailer
Custom Pages
Douple Post Auto Merger
Easy Refer
Flash BBCode
Auto Assign Groups 2
Guest Access
Invitation Only
SkunkMedals System
Member Of The Month
MyPlaza (Beta)
Inline thread popup
Posts Required To View Forums
Post Please!
Prune Members
Quick Theme!
Rules Page
Referral in Profile
Spam Central
Staff Application
Thread Count on Postbit
Usergroup additional images
User Permissions
Who Voted
YouTube BBCode
Well I can see a handful that could have done it, but considering it was appears to be a random user I don't even know how to help troubleshoot it. Sad
The only mods that could possibly do something like this is the User Permissions.
Pages: 1 2