MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Blank Admin control panel, forum works, mail function error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, I installed the forum perfectly, except I couldn't login. So I unlocked the installation and tried it again, and didn't put in a cooke domain, just /forum/ in the path or whatever.
Forum works great. I've edited my profile and settings, and can post as far as I know, I posted and it was fine.
However, whenever I go to the admin control panel, the page is nearly blank, it has the host's footer and google ads in the header, as it should, but no cp for admins after I login- the admin index says "No valid administration session was found." I logged in again, and that's when the nearly blank admin page comes up. I went to my file manager and there is scripts or something in the admin pages, but nothing shows up.
So I just now logged in using my database's login info instead of my forum's login info, and this came up: "Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The mail() command is not allowed. in forum/inc/functions.php on line 342" (message edited a little)
I checked the host's forum and someone had the same problem EXCEPT that they can login to their admin panel; the message was displayed when someone tries to register. So I can't change any settings because I can't login as admin; the host said to disable mailing, which I'm sure I could do if I could access the admin cp.

Does anyone know of solutions or and advice that might help? I'm very confused about this and want to get my forum up. I've tried searching, but everyone can get into the admin panel, so that doesn't help.
Thanks in advance for any replies. Hopefully it'd help.
It sounds like you're on a free hosting service, which:
a) puts its own ads on pages (which can really stuff up the code we have)
b) has SAFE mode enabled for PHP, which can also cause issues

My suggestions would be to go with another host - there are free hosts available which do neither of the above Toungue