MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Editing the Portal Page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I am currently trying to integrate my forums with my main site, and want to include some templates from my forum in my main site. I didn't actually know how to do this, but have recently been advised to just edit the Portal page. The problem is, I don't actually know how to do this either.
If I have to edit the portal page, then I don't want it looking like the forum. (Complete with 'MyBB Community Forums / Portal', etc.) In fact, I don't even want the page container to appear. All I want to appear is the header, the footer, and the background. I just want to edit the html in-between myself. So basically, how can I do this?
Should I just edit the portal page, or is there a way in which I could do all the editing in a seperate a Content Management System? Also, how will I be able post news in my main site; use an iframe and display a separate page?

I'm aware of the complexity of this post, and I probably didn't make half of it very clear, but your help will be much appreciated!

-Thanks, Patrick
Admin CP --> Templates --> Modify/Delete --> *Expand your template set* --> Portal Templates --> portal

You can find and remove {$header} and {$footer} and replace them with your site's header and footer. All the HTML in the portal is contained within the Portal Templates group, so you can poke around and edit what you need.

To post messages on the portal, in Admin CP --> Board Settings --> Change --> Portal Options set the "Forum to pull announcements from" setting to the forum ID of one of your forums. Then create a new thread in that forum, and it should be displayed on the portal.

Assuming when you're talking about your "main site" you're not talking about the portal, then I suggest you read up on one of the site-forum integration tutorials on our User-submitted Tutorials forum.
Ok, thank you