MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Template Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

First off, I'm not sure if you give support for templates. However, I'll post it anyway (you can remove it if not).

I wanted to move/remove a few things from my template. I have attached an image to show. The Red is the area I want to remove (Thread/Post columns, column description bar). The green is what I wanted to move, I want the "column description bar" moved to the top (as shown) so only one appears and not one in every category.

I would be grateful if you'd either tell me what file the change it in, or give the whole changes. I am using the default theme (colours modified). Again, I know it's asking a lot but I would be very grateful.

My forum is here.

Thanks in advance.
-Rovin
Firstly, MyBB is template based. You can edit templates through the ACP.

Secondly, IIRC, each category is a separate table, so the columns may or may not line up perfectly for the effect you want.
Yup, when I said "what file", I meant link in the ACP. So there's no way?
You may want to take a look in Admin CP --> Templates --> Modify/Delete --> *expand your template set* --> Forum Bit Templates. You can modify/remove the things you highlighted in those templates.

I suggest you take a look at forumbit_depth1_cat and forumbit_depth2_forum for a start.
DennisTT Wrote:You may want to take a look in Admin CP --> Templates --> Modify/Delete --> *expand your template set* --> Forum Bit Templates. You can modify/remove the things you highlighted in those templates.

I suggest you take a look at forumbit_depth1_cat and forumbit_depth2_forum for a start.

Thanks, any idea what to edit, to remove the green part?
wait so you just want the category and the description am i correct? if so try this?
navigate to Admin CP --> Templates --> Modify/Delete --> *expand your template set* --> Forum Bit Templates --> forumbit_depth1_cat.
remove this:
<tbody style="{$expdisplay}" id="cat_{$forum['fid']}_e">
<tr>
<td class="tcat" colspan="2"><strong>{$lang->forumbit_forum}</strong></td>
<td class="tcat" width="85" align="center" style="white-space: nowrap"><strong>{$lang->forumbit_threads}</strong></td>
<td class="tcat" width="85" align="center" style="white-space: nowrap"><strong>{$lang->forumbit_posts}</strong></td>
<td class="tcat" width="200" align="center"><strong>{$lang->forumbit_lastpost}</strong></td>
</tr>

[BACK UP ALL CODING IN THAT TEMPLATE BIT PLEASE IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE OUTCOME!]
I wouldn't recommend removing the
<tbody style="{$expdisplay}" id="cat_{$forum['fid']}_e">
But everything in the above post could be removed.

You can always click the "Revert" button to remove all your customizations to a template.
i tested it on my board and it worked perfectly. i was just wondering y wouldn't you remove <tbody style="{$expdisplay}" id="cat_{$forum['fid']}_e">?
That would remove your ability to collapse/expand categories. You'd also have HTML errors on your page because you don't remove the ending </tbody>
ok, thanks for clearing that up.
Pages: 1 2