MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing Width of the Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any way to change the width of the forums in either width or Pixels? We are having a problem aligning our graphic and fitting it properly.

Thank you!

MB
Admin CP --> Themes --> *Edit your theme* --> Page Container --> Width
DennisTT Wrote:Admin CP --> Themes --> *Edit your theme* --> Page Container --> Width

Dennis.....

when we resize the windows smaller, or on screens with smaller resolutions, the logo will not "resize smaller" with the forums. (See thumbnails). And this happens with the theme installed or with the default template and no theme installed, and on all of our forums we are setting up.

The logo is fitting correctly in the following forum for example...this is what we would like to do.

http://rovin.spacesocket.com/forums/

Here is a link to our live forum: http://www.chicagomediachat.com/forum/

Thank you again Dennis!
My forum? My banner stays on the page due to the width being fixed. To make it fixed, I went to "Page Container" in theme edit and put this in the "Extra CSS Attributes" box:

margin-left: auto;
margin-right: auto;
margin-top: auto;
margin-bottom: auto;
text-align: left; /* IE 5 fix */
Rovin Wrote:My forum? My banner stays on the page due to the width being fixed. To make it fixed, I went to "Page Container" in theme edit and put this in the "Extra CSS Attributes" box:

margin-left: auto;
margin-right: auto;
margin-top: auto;
margin-bottom: auto;
text-align: left; /* IE 5 fix */

Rovin...my admin reports to me that this did not work. Still the same issue.

Any other suggestions, Rovin....or anyone else?

Thank You!
DennisTT Wrote:Admin CP --> Themes --> *Edit your theme* --> Page Container --> Width

Set the width to be the width of your header image, in pixels
Ah, at the moment I have 870px as the Width.
Make sure you're editing all the themes which have this logo. The default one I see is still set to 95%
Okay...I have screen shots of one of our forums in Firefox...and one shot of IE. This resolution is with a regular tube monitor at 800X600, which alot of people are running with. Why is the graphic in Firefox overshooting everything? Is there a way for a more uniform look?

Also...check out the blue line in one of the forum sections. This is happening in 2 sections...both IE and Firefox. Has anyone seen this or have this on their forums?