MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Putting Ads In
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
where do i start?

i want to put an advertisement in the top right corner of the webpage to start off with. how do i do this? i have google adsense. but where do i put the code it gives me?

im very new at all this.

thanks for any help Smile
You can add the code in the "header" template:
Admin CP --> Templates --> Modify/Delete --> *expand your template set* --> header

Find:
<div class="logo">
Before that, add:
<div style="float: right">
<!-- add your ad code here -->
</div>

See if that works out for you.
here is what i need:

1. how to put an ad at the bottom of the page (like at the bottom of this page just above where it says "Header image: Faceparty by RichardAM ."

2. how to put one up the top just under "Welcome back, Kuzba. You last visited: and blah blah" you know that grey box? well just under that, above where it says "MyBB Community Forums / MyBB / General Support / Putting Ads In"

thankyou so much for this Smile
Ok this has an easy enough solution-----

Quote:1. how to put an ad at the bottom of the page (like at the bottom of this page just above where it says "Header image: Faceparty by RichardAM ."

for this goto

Admin CP --> Templates --> Modify/Delete --> your templates --> footer --> Edit

Find
<!-- End copyright -->

and

add your ad code BELOW (might also want to add
<br/>
before your ad code to give a line between the mybb copyright and your ad....

Quote:2. how to put one up the top just under "Welcome back, Kuzba. You last visited: and blah blah" you know that grey box? well just under that, above where it says "MyBB Community Forums / MyBB / General Support / Putting Ads In"

For this goto

Admin CP --> Templates --> Modify/Delete --> your templates --> index page templates ---> Expand ---> Index ---> edit

then find

{$forums}

and ABOVE this add your ad code
wow thankyou for this.

how do i put one under someones post? like i have seen it on other forums, its not under every post. like under like every 5th one of something...

is that possible?

thanks Smile
Kuzba Wrote:wow thankyou for this.

how do i put one under someones post? like i have seen it on other forums, its not under every post. like under like every 5th one of something...

is that possible?

thanks Smile

There's a mod for this. Check one of these out Smile
how do i get an ad to appear in a blog? the forum has a link to a wordpress blog and i cant just paste the code into it and get the ad to show up.. i tried using html tags. what else can i do?
Use an ad system. The blog isn't the same as the forum and hence, it requires a different code.
Regards.
yeah i just needed to put code tags around it...
if i change the theme will i have to put my ads in again?

because the ad cods are in the templates or whatever...

so a new theme would probably use a new one.