MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unique page name variable - easiest way?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I hope you can assist me once again.

I have a stats package I wish to intergrate into MyBB. It requires that each page name is pulled into a script. I need variables to use to pull in unique values each time.

The format I've been given is:

s.pageName="Forum:PageName"; 

Now the way I envisage doing this is referring to several different values where only one can populate on each page.

For example:

s.pageName="Forum:{$thread['subject']}{$foruminfo['name']}{$lang->post_reply_to}{$lang->newthread_in}"; 

This doesn't work though.

Is there a global variable I don't know about or does anyone have any ideas as to the best way to tackle this? I'll need it to eventually read something like "Forum:board index" or "Forum:forum name 1" or "Forum:private message screen".

Thanks for any help in advance.

Greg
Hi

I'm still screwed on this issued. Can anyone help me?
There is really no simple solution.

You'd actually have to go in and manually put it in for every page.

The best I can think of (without manually doing everything) is hacking up the build_breadcrumbs() function to try and get something, but you'd really have to know what you're doing.
That woud work!

Ok - how could I pass the value of the non-clickable breadcrumb element into a value in the footer?

I want to end up with something that looks like {crumbend} or something.

Thanks
I can't understand what you mean, can you give an example? (e.g. for this thread)
Ok don't worry about it. We've botched it and are using the meta title instead.

Thanks for your help anyway.