MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom header
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To make for easy integration with my website I would like to include my main site's main PHP header file. This would include logo, nav etc.

Do you foresee any problems? phpBB for example does not support PHP in the templates.

I would like to make this include as friendly as possible with future MyBB upgrades, so any advice is welcome.
I'm trying to do the same thing, and it looks pretty much how I want, following the style.css from my main template, but it messes up all the posts, and the welcome_block is at the top of the page, I made a thread for some help, so we'll see what happens.
Mybb does not support php in templates either. Do some searches for "integration" and see what you come up with. I know a few solutions have been posted.
hascet Wrote:I'm trying to do the same thing, and it looks pretty much how I want, following the style.css from my main template, but it messes up all the posts, and the welcome_block is at the top of the page, I made a thread for some help, so we'll see what happens.
This sounds like a strictly CSS issue. What I would recommend is make sure none of your CSS references any tags used in the forum. For example don't style tags overall, instead do #mysitecontainer p, #mysitecontainer div, etc. This way it shouldn't clash, but I know that isn't very easy.

labrocca Wrote:Mybb does not support php in templates either. Do some searches for "integration" and see what you come up with. I know a few solutions have been posted.
I had a search and couldn't find anything useful.

There must be an official line on this, it's something I'd expect every single professional site to have a dynamic solution instead of recreate the header in the theme. Although I could hack around with it myself I want to do it the way that is recommended by the developers.