MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Signature Break Code?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

I am using a prebuilt MyBB theme.

I am wondering where the signature break code is, the line that does "____________" under a user's post, and then under that displays their signature.

My theme seems to be missing it! I'd like to ad an image instead for it, as it appears that signatures are just floating around posts now!
It is an <hr /> element set to 25% width, so if the theme you're using changed how hr's appear in your CSS, that may be causing it.

To answer your question, though, it is found in the postbit_signature template, under Admin CP > Templates > Modify / Delete > *Your Template Set* > Expand > Post Bit Templates > postbit_signature. Just replace this in that template with your image:

<hr size="1" width="25%"  align="left" />

Hope that helps!
If you use this you get the effect where it says

usernames signature ..in a box

<br /><br />
<fieldset><legend><strong>{$post['username']}'s Signature</strong></legend>{$post['signature']}</fieldset>
Darkmew Wrote:If you use this you get the effect where it says

usernames signature ..in a box

<br /><br />
<fieldset><legend><strong>{$post['username']}'s Signature</strong></legend>{$post['signature']}</fieldset>

Cool, thanks a lot. Smile I am using the code now. Big Grin
how can i make the hr line red?

Thanks

-incadudeF
<hr style="border: red; background: red; color: red;" />

I think different browsers use different CSS properties, so doing a combination of the above should work.
thanks zinga it worked.
How can i make all the <hr> lines red in my forum?
Add a CSS definition.
For example, in the "extra CSS" at the bottom of the edit themes page, you would add:
hr { border: red; background: red; color: red; }