MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Free MyBB Hosting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I run www.mypunbb.com (free PunBB forum hosting) and i am considering expanding to host other forums. I was wondering if any free MyBB hosts exist? and how much interest there would be in something like this.

Although the hosting would be free it would probably include adverts for guests on hosted forums, however they will probably be completely ad free for registered users.

Thanks,

Connorhd
There is already a free mybb forum hosting. It's called mybbhosting.com ...but you are still welcomed to try to create your own forum hosting for mybb if you please, though, I do advise you that MyBB isn't as popular as IPB, vB, phpBB, but sooner or later, it will pickup in the userbase and will be just as popular.
wow Marc is doing a good deal on that site lol, still i might add mybb to my site. anyone got any ideas for a domain name?
The more sites to use, the better and faster myBB will become. As for the domain suggestion, how about http://www.hostmybb.com/ (Host My BB)Big Grin
i'm not sure, i want it to be good for subdomains since thats what its mainly used for e.g. forum.hostmybb.com

what about something along the lines of mybbforum.com or mybbsite.com then you have forum.mybbsite.com and it sounds like its a mybbsite called forum
Connorhd Wrote:wow Marc is doing a good deal on that site lol, still i might add mybb to my site. anyone got any ideas for a domain name?

Thank you for the comment. The demand for free hosting has really grown. I've gotten up to 6 new accounts request in one day, my guess is you would have something around that also. You'll need a server that can manage a ton of people.

As far as domains go, you shouldn't have any problem finding one. I know my domains mybbhosting.com (.net) have gotten many hits MSN and Yahoo, Google is starting to hang out a lot also.

Like k776 suggested, hostmybb.com is something easy to remember and should be good traffic wise.

Marc
hostmybb.com already exists
i guess i could just buy that mybbfree.com $10 is fine and i have the money to spare
ok, i'm gonna buy mybbfree.com, and a VPS for hosting it...

Now i could do with a couple of people to help run it if anyones interested. i'm happy to make another person equal admin of the site, or another 2 people equal admins, or if you want just a support moderator or something. Anyone up for it?
Pages: 1 2