MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moving to a new host - SQL problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi

I was changing host and follow the instructions from this thread:
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...771&page=1

But, on step 3 I ran into some problems. When I uploaded my backup file (.txt file) this error appeared:

Error

SQL query:

-- MyBB Database Backup
-- Generated: 03rd April 2008 at 13:54
-- -------------------------------------
CREATE TABLE `mybb_adminlog` (
`uid` int( 10 ) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`dateline` bigint( 30 ) NOT NULL default '0',
`scriptname` varchar( 50 ) NOT NULL default '',
`action` varchar( 50 ) NOT NULL default '',
`querystring` varchar( 150 ) NOT NULL default '',
`ipaddress` varchar( 50 ) NOT NULL default '',
KEY `scriptname` ( `scriptname` , `action` )
) ENGINE = MYISAM DEFAULT CHARSET = utf8;

MySQL said: Documentation
#1142 - CREATE command denied to user '**myusername**'@'localhost' for table 'mybb_adminlog' 

And btw i can even get in my admin cp nor the forum at all.

What have i done wrong?
You need to give permissions to the MySQL user account to be able to create tables. If you don't know how to do this, your host should be able to help you.
Thanx, uploading went well this time. But still my forum is not on my domain. Where could i be wrong?

In step 2 there is a line that i don't understand:
..."Now edit /inc/settings.php and edit the settings."

What settings should i edit?
Your MySQL login details if they are different from your old host.
You mean this:

Now open /inc/config.php and change it to your new host mysql database information you just created.

Note: only change the following lines:
Code:
$config['hostname'] = ' ';
$config['username'] = ' ';
$config['password'] = ' ';
$config['database'] = ' ';
$config['table_prefix'] = 'mybb_';

I've edited that. But the line after is:

Now edit /inc/settings.php and edit the settings.
Dunno, I've never changed my settings when moving host.

I guess it could be if you've changed domain or something... still, best changing settings from the ACP.
ACP = Admin CP?
My forum is not available at all, it's not reachable on my domain. I don't where i did something wrong?

And then i just put in that same folder some random index.html file and the page shows on the domain. But forum doesn't.
InFlames20 Wrote:Now edit /inc/settings.php and edit the settings.

You really don't need to do this when you move the board. I don't think it is related to the following problem:

InFlames20 Wrote:My forum is not available at all, it's not reachable on my domain. I don't where i did something wrong?

And then i just put in that same folder some random index.html file and the page shows on the domain. But forum doesn't.
In your browser window, if you go directly to index.php (add that in your browser's location bar) can you access the index page?
DennisTT Wrote:
InFlames20 Wrote:My forum is not available at all, it's not reachable on my domain. I don't where i did something wrong?

In your browser window, if you go directly to index.php (add that in your browser's location bar) can you access the index page?

Nop.
Then your forum files are not even on the server.

You miss this part?
Quote:Once you have edited the files, save them and upload your forum folder to your new host using a FTP client.
Pages: 1 2