MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: now ,, or wait
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
HarryWx Wrote:Now you have me a little nervous.
What is considered a more complex plugin? Arcade mod?
Shouldnt a simple turning off of the plugins suffice?
As Justin S. said, my comment was aimed at those who might consider their plugins to work instantly with every version update. If you are not that reliant on plugins, it would be quite okay for you to upgrade to 1.4

Even if you find that some of your plugins don't work with 1.4 you can wait until they do before updating your forums. 1.2.12 still works fine. Smile
rh1n0 Wrote:
HarryWx Wrote:Now you have me a little nervous.
What is considered a more complex plugin? Arcade mod?
Shouldnt a simple turning off of the plugins suffice?
As Justin S. said, my comment was aimed at those who might consider their plugins to work instantly with every version update. If you are not that reliant on plugins, it would be quite okay for you to upgrade to 1.4

Even if you find that some of your plugins don't work with 1.4 you can wait until they do before updating your forums. 1.2.12 still works fine. Smile

More then likely what i'll do anyways. I usually wait a few days anyways before doing updates after they are released here. Usually helps to avoid any minor issues/bugs that may have snuck thru. All the ones i use except perhaps the Arcade mod should be good to go anyways i think. basically small ones that have to do with stuff that i *dont* think is changing anyways. Online Today, Users viewing thread, Thread descriptions, nested quote thread, is what i have.
Justin answered my main concern though. Thanks. Smile
"Complex" would probably refer to integration. For example, a plugin which is large, but mostly an external script (ie your arcade) probably isn't too "complex" in this sense (it's a complex plugin, but since it's mostly an external script, there isn't as much in the way of making it compatible).

Other scripts which integrate or rely heavily on MyBB, would take longer to upgrade.
Pages: 1 2