MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Skinning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm thinking about switching my SMF forum to MyBB. But I want to know, is it easy to skin? And how do you do it?
If you can hang out just a bit longer, I know Cory is working on a theming guide for myBB Gold (or was it RC4 Confused) Anyway, it will tell you how to make the theme when myBB Gold comes out since its theming system is far superior.
It's currently for RC4 right now, but when gold is released, I'll update it for gold.
Well basically there are themes and templates. You can edit the templates to change the layout of the page, while you can edit the theme to change the colors.
I just did an update on one of my themes, and I tell you...it's not that hard to do so. If you already have a theme that you want to update, it's just a matter of copying and pasting the color hexes and data...but without revealing too much, you still get the same functionality as you do now, but it's just beefed up Big Grin
trikip, you could just ask me, and i can make you a skin.
Cory Wrote:It's currently for RC4 right now, but when gold is released, I'll update it for gold.

When do you think the guide might be finished?
That all depends. There are many factors that will determine how fast or slow I make this guide to be done, such as any real-life side-events. I'm stuck on something, or just by the fact that I probably wouldn't want to work on it that day.

Should be out before Gold is released.