MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Prevent new groups being subscribes to all forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys,

Every time I create a new user group it appears on all forums. Is their any way of preventing this?

What I am doing is (1) creating a private forum, (2) creating a new user group. When I do this I noticed that the new user group appears on all forums. What I want is the ability to add a new group and not have it assigned the anything.

Cheers Simon
Have you set the "Permissions" for the user groups?
Yes I have but how does this help? I can't find something that says "do not add to existing forums". Sad
You can COPY permissions of a new group created. By default any new usergroup has I believe very open permissions.

Maybe it would be a good idea if MYBB used "registered" group as the default for any new group permissions.
Sorry I must be thick but I can't figure out what USER permissions you are referring to? My screen does not provide a list of forums you can check off.

The create new forum page does however list all the user groups and allow you to select those you want included. The problem is that if you later create a new 'project related' usergroup, they are automatically subscribed to all forums even the 'private' ones.
In MyBB 1.4 you will be able to copy group and forum permissions from another group when you create a new usergroup.

However, for now you will need to manually change the permissions of your new group to restrict them from viewing your private forums.