MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.2.12 is erasing my database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Each time I install 1.2.12, it erases all of the posts and forums from my database, and my database backup is from 1.2.9

I was wondering two things

1. Why is this happening?
2. Could I wait until the upgrade is over, recover my 1.2.9 database, and then use the Upgrade feature to fix the database?

I don't mean to criticize, but updating MyBB has been in a pain every single time I've done it for some reason. Am I just doing something wrong?
MyBB does not erase your database at all, for any reason.

Just curious you are running the "upgrader" and not the "installer"?
Tikitiki Wrote:MyBB does not erase your database at all, for any reason.

Just curious you are running the "upgrader" and not the "installer"?

I went to the install root directory first and ran that setup. If I try the upgrade.php first I get a php error, and reading this thread, I (mis)understood I was suppose to install first before using upgrade.php

Edit and Update

This is the error I get if I try to use the upgrade.php before the install

Warning: require_once(/var/www/forums/inc/db_.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/forums/install/upgrade.php on line 25

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/var/www/forums/inc/db_.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/forums/install/upgrade.php on line 25

Also, I tried the update process one more time and tried switching the MySQL type, thinking that maybe it was dropping tables of a different type. Well, my forums and posts stayed there, but all of my users were gone, as well as the theme that I had ( though I'm not sure if that was a database issue or not ).
When you upgrade you're not supposed to replace the existing inc/config.php on the server with the blank one.

If you've lost your existing inc/config.php, you can remake it using the template at [wiki]inc/config.php[/wiki]
DennisTT Wrote:When you upgrade you're not supposed to replace the existing inc/config.php on the server with the blank one.

If you've lost your existing inc/config.php, you can remake it using the template at [wiki]inc/config.php[/wiki]

Oi, I feel like a giant idiot now. This has been my biggest problem, and it's such a simple overlook. :/

Well, at least I won't hesitate for so long to update my versions now.