MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone

Quote:PHP Version: 4.3.11

REQUIREMENTS CHECK FAILED
We cannot proceed to install MyBB because you did not pass the minimum requirements to install MyBB outlined below:

The configuration file (inc/config.php) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.

The settings file (inc/settings.php) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to

thats wat comes up what do the permissions need to be changed to fror config.php and settings.php
They need to be changes to 777 so myBB can write details to them. If they can't be written to, your board can't be installed or wont run currently if you do get it installed. To chmod something, use you ftp client. Right click, and choose chmod, and give Owner, Group, and Others read and write access.
ok thanks for the help
Sorry, but we could not connect to the database server you specified with the username and password.

The error was:
Host 'miami.dnsdc3.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server

now another problem k776 can i give u the adress and yeah by pm and then can u set it up for me. ive done it heaps b4 but i cant do it this time.
You need a MySQL server that you can login to. The one you are currently using is not in the access host or something of the MySQL user.